Saturday, November 3, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Madeleine was the cutest Little Mermaid this year. She loves this holiday so much. She is already talking about what she is going to be next Halloween.
Here's our little Ian-dragon. I confess that we took this picture a couple days after Halloween. He was sick that night and fell asleep around 6:15, so he didn't get dressed up and go out trick-or-treating.
So, I stayed home with Ian, and Spencer took Madeleine around our neighborhood. They didn't get very far when she started rummaging through her sack looking for which piece of candy she wanted to eat. After about 45 minutes she said she had enough candy and they came home. When I was a kid, I wanted to go out as early as possible and stay out as late as possible in hopes of geting the most candy I could. Granted, I don't remember thinking that way when I was 3 (probably because I don't remember anything from when I was 3). Maybe we have enough treats at our house on a regular basis that she won't have to become a total candy fiend like her mother. Or maybe when she gets older she will develop the desire for more candy than anyone should ever have. We'll see what happens next year.

4 comments:

The Sorensens said...

Wow! You guys have been having WAY too much fun. Maddie looks adorable, and so does Ian.

paigeandbryce said...

I can't believe how big your kids are! Man, time flies!! How are you? Hey, we just started a blog and I wanted to let you know that I added you...I hope that's okay (let me know if it's not). Check us out at paigeandbryce.blogspot.com

Love,
Paige

BRAVE said...

it's a deal...i stock your blog, you stock mine:) That's what it's all about!
what super cuties your kids are, Halloween is so fun when your little!

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

Great pix! And, yes, with age comes the obsessive desire to gather as much candy as possible-- Matthew & Zac each gathered a pillow case nearly full of candy over the course of the evening (3+ hours in 2 neighborhoods). And it's gone just in time for Christmas stockings-- whee!