Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ian's Birthday

Our little man turned 2 on Monday! We had a fun party with a spaghetti dinner, cake and ice cream and all his cousins and aunts and uncles who live in the area. Ian was almost too tired to care about any of it. He recently learned how to climb out of his crib, so of course that was all he wanted to do. Especially at bedtime. I quickly took the crib side down and put on the toddler-bed side, but it took a few nights before he decided he didn't have to get out of bed in the night...and at nap time. Anyway, although he was tired, he enjoyed the festivities.He blew at the candles when it was time to blow them out, but his aim wasn't so hot. He got a little help from mom in getting the flames out.
Here's his Mater cake. Not an exact likeness, but you get the idea. I'm no Ace of Cakes, that's for sure.


Here's the birthday boy with his dad. I thought you might all like to see Spencer's shaved head. What do you think? Like it or not, the new do is here to stay.

Ian is such a fun kid! We are so blessed to have that sweet little man in our family! He is always making us laugh with his big vocabulary and grown up sayings. Happy birthday, Ian! We love you!

15 comments:

The Sorensens said...

Awesome cake-hmmm...I think I'm hungry...

Vudochki said...

Rachel, you are so talented. I think you did a fabulous job with the cake. Where'd you get the idea from? I can't believe Ian is already 2!

Holly said...

Cool Cake! Although I have no idea who that is...I guess I'll learn soon enough. Happy Birthday Ian! We tried to call but I guess he probably doesn't care either way at this point. Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas! Nice head Spence. Mark and I decided you look more like mom than dad.

Sowells said...

Love two year olds! Happy Birthday!

PS You know who said...

I need a hug, Ian. I wish you weren't so far away. Grandpa and I watched Cars last night just so we could feel a little closer to you. Rachel, you are a cake ace. We recognize Mater totally. What do you mean about like it or not, its here to stay. Did your hair stop growing Spencer? Maddie, I want to hear all about your dance class. You are so adorable in your ballet leotard. XOXOXOX

Rozannah said...

Uumm......I think you could give Ace of Cakes a run for their money.

YOu guys all look so good!! Even Spencer!

Dani said...

Oh Happy Birthday Ian! And you cake is darling! I love Ian! I think I might have to steal him some because he just makes me laugh and smile! So cute!

sosocalrands said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! So fun to be around cousins. Ian is an adorable kid; we love him too!

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

Beautiful cake! And I really like Spencer's cut (reminds me of another guy I know. . .). In the pic w/Spencer I think Ian looks just like our Lee boy-cousins when they were little-- probably because of of those LONG eyelashes. We enjoyed having Maddie w/us for the weekend and can't wait to see all of you at Thanksgiving!

Jen said...

Happy B-day dude! I left you a message but you are too busy climbing out of cribs you crazy man! Here's to many more adventures! Love all you Rands!

Julie and Carlos said...

I LOVED the cake! Happy birthday Ian!

Claire Thompson said...

Yeah, happy birthday and super cool cake Rachel.

Kady said...

Totally lame comment by #13, but seriously Rachel, give yourself some credit on the cake. That could not have been easy. Way to go!

Jami said...

that is a very clever cake! I wish that I could get a "ace of cakes" cake for my baby...but alas...NO MONEY! come out and bites me every time!

Brooke said...

Wow - your cake is so cute! I'm so impressed!