Sunday, September 6, 2009

I have some catching up to do!

I am SO far behind in my blogging!! In my mind, I intended to do a post on each of these events, but now they have piled up to the point that I know I won't do individual posts so here they are lumped together. And they may or may not be in chronological order.
My Grandma Barb found her new love, Lincoln Raynes, and got married in the Mt. Timpanogos temple on August 8th. They are so cute and so in love! It's really sweet! I was lucky enough to make it up there for most of the festivities. It was so great to see so much family after being in Houston all summer so far from everyone. And pretty much all of my Lee cousins were there which was amazing! We all had so much fun together at family reunions as kids and it has been ages since we were all gathered in one place so that was extra special. Spencer and the kids stayed in Houston so they had to miss out. Hopefully the next time all the extended Lees get together we can really all be there, no one missing.
I can't lie. Spending time with Rozannah had to be my very favorite part. She and I were sidekicks for so many years, growing up and in college, and we haven't seen each other for over 2 years so it was a definite highlight to catch up with her again.

After I got back from Utah, it was time to pack up and head back to AZ. On our way home, we stopped in New Braunfels to play at Schlitterbahn one day. Schlitterbahn is an enormous water park and we knew we would be remiss if we didn't take the opportunity to visit there when we had the chance. I wanted to take a lot of pictures, but I really should have gotten one of the waterproof disposable cameras and since I didn't we got only these two pictures which are not a very good representation of all the fun we had there. Oh well. They are something. Anyway, it was pretty awesome! If you ever have the chance to go there, you must take it! Just make sure your kids are well rested before you go so you don't have to sit around holding a sleeping child for an hour. You could do that anywhere.

When we got back to Mesa, Madeleine started kindergarten. Here she is on her first day. She goes full day and while it is pretty tiring for her, I think she is handling it really well. She mostly seems tired when she has ballet right after school. She is having a lot of fun in school. She doesn't remember much about each day to recap, but I am hopeful that there is some actual learning going on. And so far her favorite class is P.E.

Then, I think to prove just how much she is really growing up, Madeleine lost her first tooth! It was loose on a Sunday and we freed it from the last little thread it was hanging on to on Thursday. For some reason, that makes her seem even older than starting kindergarten. She was SUPER excited about it! She is thrilled to be able to put a straw into her mouth where her tooth used to be. It really is crazy how fast these babies grow up!

9 comments:

Jen said...

She looks more and more like her beautiful mommy every day! It's blowing my mind she's in kindergarten!

Kady said...

We just watches an "extreme waterpark" show on TV and that was one of the parks that was featured. Cal has been bugging me to go ever since. Looks like you had a great time!

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

Great post with lots of fun pix, sis. Glad to hear some of the good time you've been having. Hugs to Spencer and the kids from me!

The Sorensens said...

Lost tooth? First day of kindergarten. CRAZY! Glad you had a fun end of summer.

sosocalrands said...

They do grow up fast! It seems like we were just at Madeleine's blessing! Avery and Mikaya have that same dress from her first day of Kindergarden, but with different straps. Hers must be from the girl section and theirs from the baby section of gap. Glad you guys had fun with so many activities!

Claire Thompson said...

Kate just had her 1st day in K today, such fun. I can't believe Maddie lost a tooth already!

Maggie said...

i just noticed how tan you & rozannah look in that picture. i'm jealous! i'm jealous of the water park adventure too!

Brooke said...

You and Rozannah look so cute together, you haven't aged at all!! Tell me your secret :o)

I'm glad you've been doing well!

Julie and Carlos said...

Thanks for catching us up! Having teeth fall out is a BIG deal! It seems like they just came in right?