Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Now we know.

I had my ultrasound on Monday, and found out we are expecting a GIRL!!

We are very excited to have another daughter and the kids are both looking forward to having a baby sister. Now we have the challenge of coming up with a name that fits our strict criteria. You know, not too popular, not made up, classy (like Madeleine), etc. And the clincher is that Spencer and I have to agree on it. Believe me, that is going to be the toughest part. I gotta say, I used to think that we were on the same page almost all the time, and for the most part we are, but between house-hunting (via internet until our trip to Houston next month) and naming a baby I am noticing how much our thoughts differ at times. I'm sure we will come up with a name we love and find a house we love, but I might have a few more gray hairs to show the stress of the process of both. Wish us luck!

P.S. If the text looks huge, it's not my fault. Stupid blogger is making me look bad.


10 comments:

Spence said...

Don't worry, honey. I think you have good taste.

Laura said...

congrats Rachel!

sosocalrands said...

Congrats! We are excited!

Marian and Sadie said...

congrats guys! if you need help dolling her up with bows, ribbon, and tons of ruffles you know who to come to.

Sowells said...

Congratulations! We love girls - they are worth every ounce of drama! Good luck with the name -such a challenge!

Maggie said...

I already congratulated you on facebook but since you blogged about it too I'll say it again. Congratulations! It's so exciting to have another little girl for the cousins! BTW~you know my vote for a good girl name...

Ashley and Ezra said...

Oh Im so happy for you guys!!! I thought for sure we were expecting a little girl, but the ultra sound tech told us otherwise yesterday! Yep, Ezra and I are having a BOY!!! Good luck on the name game... Im already stressed!

Rozannah said...

ohhh!!!! that is really exciting! i am kinda jealous....someday i'll get a girl.....probably you should just name her after me. that makes me laugh so hard.

Brain Balance Mom said...

Yahoo! Sounds fun! I am sure the kids will LOVE having another baby. Brody is obsessed with babies and loves to take care of them. He still carries Hazel (who is 2 1/2) around like she is a baby.. Miss you guys!

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

You are just all set up to be VERY busy the next 6 months, huh? Truly fun to contemplate another niece and I'm sure you 2 will come to acceptable agreements about both the name and the housing (GOOD LUCK, though). Love to all-- Angela