Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Baby Blessing

Spencer blessed Alayna in church this past Sunday. We missed not having any family here for it, but we had a few really good friends come and that was really great! We feel pretty lucky to have great friends from our college days nearby even though we have moved so far from where we've spent most of our lives.
We didn't get a picture of our whole family that day, but isn't one of the kids more important anyway? They were originally lined up oldest to youngest, but Madeleine was not on board with that idea. She insisted on being next to Alayna.

Shortly after the blessing, I had to take Alayna out to feed her so I missed a little excitement, including a little tiff between Madeleine and Ian which may or may not have ended with him telling her that he was going to cut her head off. And when Spencer whispered to Ian that Ian needed to whisper Ian said (definitely not in a whisper), "Your breath stinks!"

Spencer and his baby girl. Any thoughts on who she looks like now that she is a little bigger?

We neglected to get a picture with Jeff and Jeanette, but here is their litte girl, Laura. She seemed to really enjoy playing in Madeleine's dress up clothes. Both Madeleine and Ian absolutely loved having her over to play! They have already asked if we can go to her house and play sometime. Yes, we will definitely have to do that!


8 comments:

Olivia said...

What fun! Ian is hysterical; Alayna looks like she's beginning to display more personality, and as for Madeleine--what a poser!

xoxo,
~Olivia

agirlnamedgay said...

OH, I love blessing day! All your kids look so grown. Glad to hear that Alayna is being a good baby girl and you're surviving!

Maggie said...

that is an awesome story about Ian. He really is one of the funniest kids I know. As for Miss Madeleine, that was totally how Liz was when it came to picture time of my 3 after Kate got here. What good is having a sister if you aren't next to her 24/7?!? I still think Alayna looks a lot like Maddie did but she is GORGEOUS no matter WHO she looks like! I love that hair too and the dress looks kinda familiar as well!

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

Sure wish we could have been there! But thanks for reporting on all the fun... kids and their lack of editing, huh? And I still think Alayna looks like Mom. love you guys!

sosocalrands said...

So fun to see your sweet kids! I think she looks a lot like Maddie, but kids do seem to change a lot as they grow. They are all so cute!

Christy said...

Oh my gosh. I love these pictures. I can't believe how much hair Alayna has. What a cutie. Is that your house Laura is standing in? Beautiful!

Mark & Bek said...

I'm laughing pretty hard about the Ian story. I don't know who Alayna looks like, just cute.

Julie and Carlos said...

I was just thinking that both you guys and Jeff/Jeanette are in Texas and I was wondering how close you are. How cool that they could come to the blessing! Congrats on your special day!