Thursday, July 10, 2008

A new post...finally!!

For all of you who have been saying to yourselves, "Geez, it's been a long time since Rachel posted anything. She better have a good excuse for letting her blog get so boring." I know there are loads of you who have been thinking just that. So here it is:These are the boxes I have packed so far. I know, it's not so many that it really should have kept me from blogging for so long, but it's my excuse anyway. The thing this picture doesn't show is all the stuff I have gone through and gotten rid of to get these few boxes packed. Today was an especially productive day, thanks to my sister Angela. She was such a huge help! I am hoping that every time her husband, Glenn, has to work in Van Nuys she'll come over and help more. She's so much more efficient than I am normally so she really helped me get in gear. Thanks, Ang! You're the best!! And she brought her little girl, Sarah, who played with the kids all day too. While we made messes trying to get organized, they demolished the rest of the house. That's pretty much how it goes, right?

Anyway, I am really looking forward to moving. For a lot of reasons, but at this point mostly just so it will be over with already! Anticpating the move is the worst.

8 comments:

Princess Julie said...

I just read your blog and I was almost in tears to think you guys really are going to be moving. I know we will always stay in contact,but it won't be the same. Keaton and Madeleine are so cute together. Maybe we should separate them now before they fall too in love.
No more tears on my part, I am happy for you and your family.

Vudochki said...

How exciting! My favorite thing about moving is that you get rid of so much stuff. Doesn't it feel good? When's the big day? Have you found a place to live? Good luck!
~Jessica

Christy said...

I'm so glad you're making the Mormon Arizona trek. We HAVE to get together. Maybe meet halfway in Tucson, or get together when I pass through. Good luck with the move. I HATE moving. Actually, "hate" isn't even strong enough of a word. I've moved too many times in my life to even be happy about it. :) So props to you for doing it.

christine said...

good luck on your move.

Claire Thompson said...

I agree, moving is fun but the actual event of packing and moving your stuff is a pain in the rear, it is fun to get rid of stuff though. Good luck!!

Rozannah said...

Wow!! I don't envy the packing...but I am excited for you guys to move. It was nice of Ang to help...I hope the rest goes as smooth.
LYLAS

Good luck with the pictures..Your family is beautiful, so they will turn out wonderful.

richards4fun said...

What a lot of work to move, but it will be a great move, I'm sure. Hopefully you'll be closer to your parents.

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

Great pics, Rach! We loved having you over for Sarah's party. We'll miss having you so close, but are glad for you that it's almost here! Hugs and kisses all around from Aunt Angela