Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ringing in the New Year

At our house, it involved delicious ice cream sundaes, Rock Band, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and sleeping children. This was Spencer's ice cream. Do you think it's big enough? We had a major pig out feast that night to enjoy all of our bad eating habits before turning things around for the new year. It was so fun! We had filet mignon for dinner along with tons of other yummy food. Since I love food so much it was a perfect night for me.
After dinner, the kids went to bed and the adults played Rock Band. Let me just say that I love that game! I will jump at any chance to play. After AJ and Marian and Mark left, we put Rock Band away, made our ice cream sundaes and watched a little Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Olivia assured me that since I love Twilight I would also love Buffy so she let me borrow the complete series on DVD. I can't lie. I love it. I think I still like Twilight (meaning Edward) better, but I'm only in season 2.

This is how Maddie and Ian rang in the New Year. Soundly sleeping in their beds. Maybe next year I'll think about letting them stay up till midnight.

Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I want to shove my face into that ice cream! YUM! I have never played rock band but I keep hearing it is amazingly fun! You guys look awesome rockin out! ROck on sista!

agirlnamedgay said...

sounds like a pretty crazy NYE!!! ha ha i think that has to be one of the most over-rated holidays, especially as you get older! glad o see you're around, i thought you'd possibly given blogging the boot!!!!

Sandra Rands said...

I was missing you a lot so before bedtime I decided to check out your blog. Well, it was fun to see you playing guitars, making 2000 calorie ice cream treats and hearing about good movies. We are planning on Christmas with you next year - maybe in AZ!

Claire Thompson said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! we let our kids stay up but Sara made it until about 8:30 and Kate until almost 10.

Sowells said...

Sounds like a fun night. I haven't seen your blog in forever - sorry we've been just a little busy- but I'm so jealous about your Thanksgiving! How Fun! And I love your slide picture - it turned out great!

Julie and Carlos said...

Glad to see you had such a fun new year! That ice cream Sundae is CRAZY!

Ashley and Ezra said...

Happy New Year!!! I too love rock band... it's just so addicting, once you start, it's hard to stop, let alone give someone else a turn! We miss you guys, and wish you a happy 2009!!!