Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Party, party, party!

Our little man turned 3 last week!! We had a lot of our family over one night for his "family party" and then had another party with his friends a couple days later. He loved all of it! Here are some pictures:Blowing out his candle at the family party.

These are our kids' cousins, Jalen and Lizzie. They are so lucky to get to live near each other and play together so often! Ian loves playing with Jalen especially. He has learned to appreciate things like Spiderman and Star Wars thanks to his cousin. He has never seen Star Wars, but he told me today that he wants his next birthday party to be a Star Wars party. I guess we'll have to wait and see if that still holds true next year.

Here are some of the kids at the friends party. A couple more came later and Ian loved having all his friends over.
This is the bike we gave him. He is a little nervous since it's a bit big for him, but he'll get the hang of it soon I'm sure. Since we are on a tight budget as poor college students, we got the bike at a second hand store (which is my new favorite thing, by the way!). I cleaned it up pretty good I thought, though I didn't clean the tires very well. Who knows how to do that? As soon as we wheeled it out, Madeleine says, "It's dirty!" Luckily Ian didn't seem to mind that.
Second Costco cake of the week. I was crazy to get that much cake. I don't even want to think about how much I ate. Except that they were both so delicious! I just knew I didn't want to make cakes and why would I pay more for a regular store bakery cake when I could get one from Costco? You see why I had to do it. Thankfully there are a lot of people around this house willing to eat lots of cake!

Ian, you are such a sweet boy and we love you so much! Happy birthday!!

8 comments:

Melanie said...

What a cute little birthday boy! Where is the time going? Didn't we just meet a few days ago and you had Madeleine swaddled up in a blanket? I guess she's probably too big for that now.

Jen said...

I thought of you and the little dude and need to call & chat! I miss you! He's such a doll! Don't get me started on Costco cake....mmmmmmm!!!

Christy said...

I have so much to say about your post. Great that he got such an awesome celebration and I love that Madeleine let the cat out of the bag. From the mouths of babes. But at least Ian didn't care. Hey! I'm all about second hand. You go girl. And I LOVE costco cakes!

Sowells said...

Happy Birthday Ian from your cousins in New York!

Anneli said...

I can't believe Ian can almost fit on that bike! We bought Kalia a tricycle for Christmas and we are still waiting for her feet to touch the pedals. Miss you guys

Maggie said...

I LOVE the contrast between the smiles on the kids faces & those hideous teeth! Too funny!

Julie and Carlos said...

Happy birthday Ian!

The Sorensens said...

Happy Birthday Ian! Your family is looking so cute, and it seems like you guys are having lots of fun!