Sunday, October 25, 2009

My new favorite workout


Does your gym offer turbo kickboxing? If so, have you tried it? And if so, do you love it as much as I do?? You know I must be obsessed with it if it's making it to the blog! I fell in love with it this summer when we were in Houston. I didn't have much going on this summer so I had plenty of time to spend at the gym. Which I loved because I was able to trim down a bit since I worked out so much and began obsessively counting calories. Thankfully Madeleine and Ian loved going there too. They made some good friends at the kids club and were thoroughly entertained while I worked out. Anyway, our gym in The Woodlands had a fabulous TKB instructor who made it so fun! Even though I will be the first to admit it took me a good 4 or 5 times to feel like I was actually doing the moves at the proper times. It is so fast-paced! You really need to give yourself at least a time or two to understand what they are telling you to do.Even though I don't agree with her 100%, this blogger gives a pretty funny account of her experience with TKB. I know where I'll be every Saturday morning at 8:30. And I know I'll be thinking about it in anticipation every Friday night as I fall asleep.

6 comments:

PS You know who said...

Loved the peak at all your partying and kickboxing activities.
The little kids and the big kids at your house are all adorable.
Love and Hugs,

Julie and Carlos said...

That's awesome you found a class you love! Too bad we don't live closer or I'd come take it with you!

Maggie said...

I've heard of this kind of work out. Maybe in a few months...or years...lol

Marian and Sadie said...

hey, i have a turbo workout set that came with 4 or 5 cd's. it's a really good workout! it's good that you have found something that you can keep up with and love.

The Sorensens said...

I also love TKB, but my knees don't. :o( I can get one or two sessions in before they start complaining. Right now prenatal yoga is my bag of tea. 4 more weeks until D day!

Melissa Grow said...

I actually teach it and got certified a couple years ago. Cardio kickboxing is the big thing that got me into working out hard core. If you're ever feeling up to it, feel free to come to our campus on Tuesday mornings for my class! By the way, we are doing London's run in Queen Creek on Sat. Jan. 30th, so you should do it!