Sunday, February 13, 2011

We're still here.

I know you must be SO relieved to see that I haven't completely given up on this blog of mine! Life is just so busy and I haven't had a lot to say. And not that I have much to say now, but I do feel it's time to post something. I promise it will not be earth shattering. In January, Ian's preschool took a field trip to the Downtown Aquarium in Houston. It happened to be on a day off for Madeleine so we all got to go."We all" being me and the kids. The aquarium is pretty small but I thought they had really cool stuff to see even though there wasn't a ton of it. Then there were a few rides outside that were easily the highlight of the day. I lost count of how many times Ian and Madeleine rode this one. It's the kind that shoots straight up in the air and drops down a few times. Ian was just barely tall enough to ride it. There weren't many people there besides our group so they went on it over and over and over and over. They could have stayed all day!


Madeleine's cute face paint at a friend's birthday party recently.

Remember this ugly buffet I was going to rehab and make into a media table?


To go under the TV in place of the ridiculously tiny TV stand we were using before.

Well, here's how it turned out. What do you think?


I haven't appeared on here in a while, so here you go. I have bangs now. I am pretty lazy when it comes to my hair. I like to be able to just pull it back if I don't have the time or want to take the time to style it and bangs require effort. And I am not at all adventurous. Do you have any memories of me with short hair? I doubt many do. But after having Alayna and losing tons of hair that is now growing back, cutting bangs was the only thing to do to hide all the baby hair growing in along my hairline. Despite the extra effort involved, I actually really like my bangs. What a welcome surprise!

9 comments:

Maggie said...

i LOVE that console table! it turned out really cute & i 100% approve of the color! i also like the bangs, they add a bit of interest to otherwise boring hair (just kidding, i LOVE your hair & am totally jealous of it so i have to say mean things to make myself feel better).
it sounds like that was a fun field trip for you & your kiddos & that ride looks awesome. i wish i'd been there to go on it too!
and seriously, tell maddie to quit growing up so fast! she looks so beautiful & grown up with that butterfly-face!
love you guys & miss you! thanks for the update!

The Sorensens said...

Love the bangs, and the table. So glad to see you're back. Been thinking about emailing you to check in. I could totally use your expertise on furniture rehab. Got a sander for my birthday and have a few projects in mind...

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

Aquarium... fun. Console... awesome. Hair... adorable!

Love you, sis!

Ang

dani said...

Um I want that table! That turned out adorable! Good work :) And I like your bangs. Keep bloggin please. So are you loving Houston?

sosocalrands said...

The table turned out great! Your bangs look great too!

marymh said...

Yea, we got to see the end result! And I really do like your bangs. You look GREAT! My kids loved that ride too. That made for a really fun day.

Julie and Carlos said...

Love the table! Great color! And the bangs look good on ya too!

richards4fun said...

Rachel, You are so talented. What great work you did on the ottoman and the table. They both look amazing. I love things like that and hope to add some to my home over time. And you look great with the bangs.

xcdenke said...

Still as beautiful as ever! Love the bangs!