Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Madeleine's first day of Preschool

Just before leaving for school, Madeleine stood still for a moment for this shot. (not that exciting, I know, but I had to get one, right?) She was so excited about her new school clothes--and you better believe the skirts are TOP favorites! Really, I don't know why I even bothered to buy pants. She'll never want to wear them. Don't worry, I'll force her to.


I made her stand still for one more picture once we got to school. She had been talking about the dress-up clothes ever since we went to her school for the open house last week. Notice in the mirror behind her she is holding the dress she planned to put on. Also, you see how she is not looking at the camera? There was another girl in her class doing some painting. That obviously caught Maddie's eye. There were so many fun things to do that she ended up not playing dress-up at all!

I dropped her off at 12:30 and she was not at all sad to see me go. Like I said, so many fun things to do! How could she possibly think about missing me and Ian? She was glad when we came back for her at 3:00. Her first day was a little rough. It all involved a little hair pulling (M's hair), a little sand throwing into faces (M's and another girl who started it) and a girl (M) getting pushed off a tricycle. Is this normal? I guess when you have a bunch of 3 year olds together you are in for some excitement.
How did I spend my free 2 1/2 hours? Ian and I made a leisurely trip to Costco. It at least felt leisurely since I only had one kid with me. I may attempt a trip to a clothing store on Thursday. That should be a breeze with just Ian!

Now for a brief Ian spotlight, check out the belly on that one! That little walker toy makes a great stroller for dad to push the kids in!










I guess this picture isn't too exciting. What kid wouldn't love being behind the wheel when they normally face the rear of the car?

Next we have me and that handsome little guy after the BYU football fireside (which was GREAT, by the way) in Glendale the night before the BYU-UCLA game. Sad that BYU lost, but they put up a real good fight against the 12th ranked team in college football. I guess I forgot to take a picture of Spencer and me at the game. oops. Anyway, we were there, it was fun, BYU lost, it took us over an hour to get out of the parking. Stupid Rose Bowl. Back to Ian.
Now, what I really need here is a video to demonstrate this talent of Ian's, but instead I just have this picture. Sorry. When I feed him, I'll say, "Open up," and he opens his mouth like this, which is way wider than is necessary to get a bite of food, and says,"aaa." Not, "aah," but the short 'a' sound, as in 'cat'. It's so cute! At first, I thought it was a fluke so I had to make him do it over and over again.



Now, so everything is equal, a couple more of Madeleine. Spencer hooked her up with the headphones and The Beatles while she colored one day. And below, he gave her a shoulder ride after the fireside because we parked half a mile from the stake center.

1 comments:

PS You know who said...

I posted a comment about Madeleine's first day and her chic hair cut and cute Ian's smile and dimples on another entry - somehow. You'll have to find it.

What fun to see my grandkids changing week to week.

I love your story telling, Rachel. I hope you can keep these stories forever - for the kids memory books!