Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Olivia's Graduation

This is my sister, Olivia. Isn't she pretty? This past weekend was her graduation from Montana State University-Billings and we got to go up for the festivities.

Spencer stayed home to collect rent, so it was just me and the kids. We were on a flight with another sister and my parents and grandmother, so it wasn't as bad as you might think. This picture was after the commencement ended. My smile may not look the most genuine, but I was thrilled that it was over. Commencement ceremonies are no place for children under 4.
One of my sisters was missing, but here are the rest of us with our cute mom. L-R: Erika, Angela, Mom (Vickie), Olivia, me. Sisters are the best! I am still holding out hope that someday we will all live on the same block. Then our kids could always play and we could all share clothes.
These are all the cousins who were there. L-R: Andrew, Marley, Zachary, Sarah, Great-Grandma (Loretta), Ethan, Ian, Cyrus, Madeleine, Matthew. Only 4 of the 13 grandkids were missing. We missed them and their parents who couldn't be there. Hopefully soon we can ALL get together! Great-Grandma needed to be in the middle of everything. She sure loves her grandkids. The best thing about having all the kids there was that Angela's and Olivia's kids haven't seen each other since my wedding in September 2000. It was great for them to get to hang out. I think they had a really fun time. I know I did! Angela's family brought their Wii, so that provided hours of enjoyment for everyone. I don't know about anyone else, but I was totally sore from boxing.
Now, it's time to get back to normal life.

10 comments:

PS You know who said...

What a lovely family event and a lovely family. All of you sisters (and mom) are beauties!

So glad to be "part of the family."

The Fami-Lee said...

Wow, that pic of you and Olivia is so gorgeous! You all look great and it's crazy to see how big Angela's kids are. Lovely, Lovely family.

Laura said...

your sister looks just like you but with blond hair - how crazy! how nice to get away for a little bit.

Anneli said...

Seriously, do you hear that all the time how you and your sister look so much alike, crazy.....

Rachel said...

Olivia and I could tell people we were twins when we were teenagers and they would have believed us forever if we hadn't told the truth. Also, she had friends ask her who the guy with her and Marley was when they saw a picture of me and Spencer with Madeleine as a baby. Anyway, she's a total babe, so I am happy to be her twin.

brookeisacrazylady said...

dude. have you bought the host yet?

and your sister looks just like you but with blonde hair. you are both gorgeous.

so fun to see family...big sigh that we live so far away, huh?
gotta go to bed

Anonymous said...

Let's face it, commencement is really no place for anyone with a pulse, but I am still so happy you all came! I was beginning to suspect that no one would ever come see me unless I got married, and that seems likely to happen real soon...NOT!
(haha! is "Not!" still even legal?)

Stacy said...

Hey Rachel, you , your mom and sisters all look great! I still can't believe how much you and Olivia and Erika look alike! Sounds like you had fun with all the family, isn't it nice to get all the family together once in a while? I Love family times!

draperm said...

I'm finally leaving a comment. I'm so bad at this part of blogging. Anyway, I can't believe how much your sisters and you resemble each other. Crazy! Looks like you had fun. Take care.

richards4fun said...

Rach, I'm so glad to see Olivia on your blog. I used to run into her occasionally around town but haven't seen her in quite some time. You two are beautiful. I have to say, I'm extremely bummed that you were in town and I didn't get to see you. I would have loved to get together.
Chandra