Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

The morning of Thanksgiving, my sister, Olivia, and I ran the Mesa Turkey Trot. It was a 10k and we ran it pretty well. Olivia totally left me in the dust, but I didn't mind. It was really a great way to start the day since I was planning to pig out (which I did end up doing, of course).
This is everyone we had at our house for the big day. All my brothers and sisters and their families, plus my grandma on my dad's side. Quite a crew, right? It was pretty crazy to have so many people in one place, but it was also a ton of fun! I know I always had such a fabulous time getting together with my cousins when I was a kid and I know my kids love it too! We've been able to get many of the Koernigs together for Thanksgiving for the past 3 years, but this was the first time in over 8 years that everyone has been together. For Black Friday, we skipped the shopping and did family pictures instead. We just had to get some nice photos to commemorate having all of us in one place.
Here's one of my faves of our little family.
And here's the Koernig kids. Brothers L-R: Andy, Ted, AJ, Bob. Sisters L-R: Rachel, Angela, Olivia, Maggie, Erika.

I'm still holding out hope that one day we can all live on the same block so we hang out whenever we want to. That would be the best!

6 comments:

The Sorensens said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You guys look great, love the new picture of you and Spencer!

Claire Thompson said...

Hooray for the update!

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

I have the cutest sisters ever!!!! And my brothers are pretty good-lookin', too!

Mark & Bek said...

What a great way to start your Thanksgiving day. Your family pictures look beautiful.

Jen said...

You guys look wonderful! I have internet I have internet!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

Oh, I love your family :)
It was fun to see you guys at Twilight!!