Friday, March 27, 2009

Sedona

Spencer had spring break a couple weeks ago and unfortunately for him it wasn't much of a break. He had just started a new trimester in school and he had a huge project in one of his new classes. Such a big project in fact that he basically spent his entire break working on it. So, as a reward for finishing and an attempt at actually doing something other than homework on his break, we took the kids to Sedona.
Do you like how Maddie and I are wearing matching outfits? She totally copied me. She doesn't really like wearing pants except for these ones she calls her mom pants. We had a fun time seeing the sights and checking out some of the shops. Sedona is beautiful! It was a really nice little getaway.

On our way home, we drove through Oak Creek Canyon and found a little bit of snow. Maddie and Ian loved it! Sure it was the snow plowed in a little parking lot, but it was a nice mound that they could slide down. It was pretty much heaven as far as they were concerned.

In case you don't already know, we are headed to Houston in May for Spencer's internship with Exxon Mobil. We are really excited for the chance to see a new place and we are doubly excited that Spencer will be working hard but won't have homework all the time. Yippee!! I am hoping for lots of family time this summer.

6 comments:

Vudochki said...

I've heard Sedona is beautiful! We never made it up there. :( Congrats on the internship. I'm sure you'll have a fun adventure in Texas. How long will you be there? Oh, the matching outfits are way cute!

Jen said...

My parents LOVE going to Sedona, they are always talking about it. That's great you got away. Paint me green with envy ;)

Rachel D. said...

My aunt lives near Houston and I love it there. (except for the humidity, which seems to make my hair really puffy).

PS You know who said...

Glad you are making fun memories as a family. Snow in a pile in the parking lot sounds like heaven to me,too. Much better than all over the road on the way to work.

Anneli said...

As long as she doesn't start calling them "Mom Jeans" I think it's okay. We miss you guys, glad to see that you are having fun :)

The Sorensens said...

Maddie's matching outfit is adorable! I have trouble getting Ava to wear pants too. I have trouble getting her to wear anything unless it has either sparkles or flowers on it. Cute, huh? Not so much... :o)