Monday, March 30, 2009

Two Things

I am so excited to get this!! (I just bought it on ebay) It's a combination bike trailer/double stroller and I have been itching to get one and get out riding/running with the kids. We do so much "running" around right here in our neighborhood and it will be nice to get a little more exercise by using this instead of driving. So now maybe when I say I'm going to run to the grocery store a few blocks away I will actually run there! Next thing I need is a bike. I can hardly wait!!


This is a map of the Dirty 6, which is the next event I'm training for. Again, I am SO excited!! It's a 6 mile, 9 obstacle run including a mud pit at the finish. I think it sounds like so much fun and since I have been feeling pretty fat and lazy this will give me something to work towards. I basically haven't been running at all since the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. No wonder I'm feeling out of shape, right? Anyone want to do it with me?

7 comments:

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

Don;t you love a good deal on something you've REALLY been wanting?!?! And you're my hero w/ the Dirty 6. . .YOU ROCK!

Ang

Jen said...

I LOVE LOVE that stroller/bike trailer. It's funny I have a bike and want a trailer and you're the opposite. I would totally kick it with you on your run...if I could run. My fast walking would be pretty lame!

Sowells said...

I have been searching Craigslist for a trailer. I am feeling fat and lazy. I'm glad I'm way too far away to even consider that event (thats a good excuse right? Because there is no way I could finish it, unless they allow you to do it over a week or so!)

Bekah said...

That looks like so much fun. If I were anywhere near you I would absolutely join you.

The Sorensens said...

That looks totally crazy! Mountain climb? Water wall? That would be totally fun. When is it? Maybe I can convince Bekah to do it, and we'll head to AZ for a weekend. It's not too many hours from LA, right?

Rachel said...

It's on April 25th. Will you guys be in LA by then? Yeah, only about 6 hours away. Totally doable for a weekend. I would love it if you guys came!

sosocalrands said...

That's funny because I just signed up for a mud run for November. I'm actually scared to death of it, but maybe it won't be too bad, right? I just keep telling myself that. I don't have a lot of stamina naturally. We'll see. Good luck on yours! Hope you are all doing well!