Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Story Box

If your kids watch as much Noggin as mine, you know exactly what I am talking about. If not, you are missing out on Pinky Dinky Doo. A darling, pink-haired girl who is really good at making up stories in her story box, and every story ROCKS! All to teach kids vocabulary. And keep them entertained while their parents shower or clean or cook, etc.

Today our landlords replaced our dishwasher that was having some problems and it came in a wonderfully large box, perfect for transforming into our own Story Box. The kids haven't quite gotten that the point is to go inside and make up stories. So far they have used it to go into, get in each other's way, scream about who's stepping/sitting on who, or climb onto and jump off. I think they'll get the hang of it soon.

3 comments:

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

How fun! Appliance boxes make amazing kid play-things. And you're an awesome mom for doing it!

Maggie said...

Lizzie has been doing something similar to that with the stroller box (which still has the stroller inside!). Maybe we'll be fun like you & turn it into a story box when Mark finally gets around to taking it out & putting it together? Or maybe I just thought of something I can do today while I have a sicko at home. Hmmm.

Jen said...

Pinky Dinky Doo rocks! I imagine I was quite like her when I was little; dress wacky, made up stories all the time and played with everything but my toys. I love the little guinea pig when he shakes his bum!