Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter 2009

On Easter morning, we walked down the street to a reception center that hosted a community Easter Egg Hunt. There weren't too many kids, but they had planned for plenty. They let the little kids start and find five eggs, then the older kids had a few minutes to find five eggs. I think the plan was to let them all go for however many they could find after everyone had five, but we left before that. Spencer needed to get ready for choir practice and I didn't really mind that the kids got away without tons of candy. They wanted to find way more than five eggs though, so after church I put some more eggs out the in the backyard for them to find.

These two sort of tried to give me some nice smiles, but every picture was pretty silly. Ian was shouting "cheese!" in most of them, so you can imagine how nice his smile turned out in those shots. And in case you are wondering, I don't think Madeleine could be happier with her new dress. She has put it on (dirty or not) almost every day since Easter.

On a different subject, I got my stroller/trailer not long after I posted about it, but there was a problem with the front tire. It's angled slightly left so I haven't been able to use it yet. I emailed the company and they are sending the part I need, but now it is getting hot so I don't know if I'll get as much use out of it right away as I had hoped to.

And I have been training pretty faithfully for the Dirty 6 and I am getting really excited and a little nervous for it. I am looking forward to seeing exactly what the obstacles are and I hope I can handle them all without too much difficulty. I'll let you know how it goes!

0 comments: