Thursday, April 9, 2009

Nests and Eggs

Are these not the cutest things ever?!?! I went onto my favorite website for recipes, RecipeZaar, looking for steak tacos and this was on their homepage. I thought they were just so adorable and simple that I had to make them. If you are someone that my mom or I visit teach then you are very lucky since you will be getting some of these little guys. If not, you will have to make your own. Here's the recipe. I have to confess that I haven't tasted them yet. This recommendation is based solely on appearance.
And here's a picture from Monday night's FHE dyeing Easter eggs. The kids had so much fun. I soon realized that a dozen hard boiled eggs was not nearly enough compared to how fast they worked and how many they wanted to dye. A couple of them broke during the process which is why there is an egg cut in half and salt and pepper on the table. Madeleine really likes the hard boiled eggs and the whole experience is even better since they are decorated.

Hope you are all getting ready for a fun Easter at your house!

9 comments:

Marian and Sadie said...

How much fun Rachel. I wish Sadie was old enough to do all the fun still for the holidays but it's ok we will have next years. I loved dyeing Easter eggs as a children...good times!

Maggie said...

Those are SOOO cute! I have seen that treat with marshmallows in them but never like that, adorable!
I was thinking of having my kids dye eggs this year but I am getting too pregnant to want to do anything fun that requires my supervision! Looks like Maddie & Ian had fun though & Spencer looks pretty happy as well!

sosocalrands said...

Those are adorable! How fun to visit teach with your mom! Madeleine and Ian look like they are having so much fun decorating eggs. Happy Easter!

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

I LOVE recipezaar. . .and was tempted to make those same treat! (Great minds, you know.) We end up doing at least 2 dozen eggs lately-- and that's with Drew mostly acting like he's too old for all of that. We'll be doing ours tomorrow night, so Mom & Dad can get in on it, too. Love to Spencer and the kids!

agirlnamedgay said...

very creative! also i can't believe how big ian is looking!!

The Sorensens said...

I saw the SAME recipe on recipezaar a couple days ago and thought they looked adorable too!! Too bad for my kids we aren't doing anything Easter Festive, well besides the Easter Bunny. I was REALLY excited about Easter this year. Ava would've loved decorating the eggs (even though she can't eat them 'cuz she's allergic) but I got wiped out with a horrible case of bronchitis and between that and spending the weekend in Boston to see if we're going to move, Easter is going to be sadly neglected this year. :o( Glad you guys are having so much fun with it!

Claire Thompson said...

We did something similar here in England growing up but we would mix melted chocolate with either crumbled shredded wheat (more nest looking) or corn flakes and would put them in little cupcake liners with the mini eggs in them, the chow mein noodles sound, eermmm, interesting I hope they tasted good! Cute treat!

Sowells said...

love the nest! so cute! We skipped the eggs this year and Oliver has been furious about it - but I didn't want to deal with the mess.

Julie and Carlos said...

How fun! You are right - the kids just want to dye away! Good thing they actually like to eat hard boiled eggs! PS congrats on running with your new jogger instead of with the car! Let me know how you like the new stroller! (If that's what you call it )