Friday, June 18, 2010

Update from Texas

Today the kids and I spent the day out and about and the highlight might have been the splash pad at the Woodlands waterway. It was either that or the furniture store we went to with Spencer after dinner. It definitely wouldn't have been the hour or more we spent in Marshalls, although considering how boring a place that has got to be for them, they were really good while we were there.

Since I am now 36 weeks pregnant (but looking and feeling more like 46 weeks along), spending a whole day out like that is not exactly ideal. Let me explain. Until we close on our house, we are not going to buy a much needed second car, so if we want to be able to be out at all we have to drive Spencer to work in the morning. And since we are in such a small apartment, not being able to go anywhere all day is even less desirable than spending the whole day out. And today we needed to be able to go check out some online classified deals (a baby swing for $50 and a Kirby Sentria vacuum for $280!).

House update: I am so tempted to post pictures, but I'm going to wait. We are SO close to the end! Our project manager said he's planning to have it finished by the 23rd and we'll most likely be closing a few days later. We are so ready!! And it will be extra sweet since we have been living in this temporary housing that is not nice at all. We are all very ready to be in a place that is ours with all of our own stuff. Of course the truth of it is that I'm going to have to hope that my nesting instinct kicks in nice and strong so I can get us as settled as possible before I have this little girl. I'd love to have everything in its proper place before the baby comes, but if it's not it will be fine. I'll have plenty of time to get it done later, right?

5 comments:

Olivia said...

You'll have time to kill once you have baby Stella...three kids are a piece o' cake. NOT! (hahaha, I know saying NOT like that is so 1991...)
The good news is that even if you only get the important rooms put away first (kitchen, bathroom, living room), your kids will have room to spread out while you take your time finishing the rest.

Christy said...

Girl, that's impressive, you getting out so close to your due date. I was so miserable towards the end and it was summertime too so it must be hot. But staying in the house all day is horrible too. Speaking of houses I'm SO excited for your new house and I can't wait to see pictures. I wish I was there to help you get it all set up. How excited are you to put your awesome new bedding you made for the girls in the new little nursery. You guys totally deserve this! Yay! And way to go on the Kirby. we have one and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Couldn't bring it to Germany and I way miss it.

Breezer said...

You have an absolutely lovely family! Congratulations on the new baby (very soon) on the way!

Adorable blog.

Maggie said...

I agree with Olivia, three kids make EVERYTHING such a breeze to accomplish! (I'm not going to indulge in early '90s slang though) But knowing you, your house will be in picture perfect order in no time, although you'll still have things you want to do differently! I'm so glad your house will be ready soon & I wish I could be there as soon as that little girl arrives so I can assist you. We'll barge in sometime later though, no worries!
Love you & miss you!

Jami said...

How very exciting! I am sure you look FINE! I can't wait to see pictures of your house.