Sunday, October 7, 2007

Manhattan Beach 10k

Sorry, no pictures to document this, but I ran the 30th Annual Manhattan Beach 10k on October 6. It was too early in the morning and over so quickly I didn't ask Spencer to wake the kids and haul them down there just to get a picture that may or may not have turned out well. Anyway, I've been running a few times a week with my friends, Gabrielle and Samarah, in preparation and I think it paid off. My final time was 56 minutes--a 9:01 minute mile. I was certainly not the overall winner, but I felt good about my time. There were separate starting points for even and odd bib numbers so I didn't get to run with my friends. They finished just a couple minutes behind me.

I love the atmosphere and the feeling of a race like that. Although, I have to say I think the crowd at this one was a little much. There were quite a few times I wanted to go around the other runners but couldn't. Oh well. The view was gorgeous. The finish line was right on the strand near the pier at the beach. Also, the t-shirt is my favorite race tee so far. Comfy long sleeves and the best fit of all the shirts I've gotten in the past. I am considering running the Rose Bowl half marathon in December. I'm not fully committed to the idea of running 13 miles, so if anyone has a compelling argument as to why I definitely should or should not do it, let's hear it.

P.S. Here's a link to my results. http://runraceresults.com/Individual.asp?EV=RCEB2007&Bib=1429

5 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

Congrats Rachel. You are the bomb. The shirst are cute too.

agirlnamedgay said...

that was so much fun. i seriously think we need to do it every year just to add to our excellent t-shirt collection!

Anneli said...

Congrats Rachel, I knew you would rock it. I'm sad I missed out. You should run in the half marathon because I am running in it and it will make me feel so good to be beat by someone who didn't even want to run it :)

brookeisacrazylady said...

So thought anymore about December? I've finally started back running again, you guys inspired me. I need to officially come with you some day.

PS You know who said...

What a hard way to keep fit but you sure look terrific and it is probably a good way to free your mind of little issues. I think you should do the 13 miles - if you want to. We will be cheering for you up here in Oregon.

Love, Mme R