Saturday, April 5, 2008

Cheseboro 1/2 Marathon

This is a map of the Cheseboro 1/2 Marathon I ran today. I have to confess that I was not as diligent in my training as I should have been, but I am pretty sure this course wouldn't have seemed much easier even if I had trained better. The first 2 miles were on streets, the next 8 on a trail (a pretty difficult trail in my humble opinion), then the remaining 3 on streets again. I am so glad I did it! It's such a great accomplishment and I am pleased with my performance.

Anneli ran it too and she did great! She trained better than I did so I don't think she was crippled by soreness afterwards like I was. I can barely move! I'm hoping to be able to walk normal again soon.
Unfortuantely, Spencer and the kids got to their spot to watch us come in about 5 minutes after I finished, so no pic of me running. I was waiting a little ways up from the finish line waiting for Anneli to come in when they saw me and this was the first picture he got.
The kids are not accustomed to not seeing me first thing in the morning so they both needed some extra attention as soon as they saw me. I'm so glad they came to show their support!


12 comments:

Christy said...

wow. so great. That's awesome! I can say that I will probably never be able to add the boast of running a marathon in my life. I admire those who do. Go Rachel

brookeisacrazylady said...

Yahoo! That is awesome.

Tell me what your are doing next, I'm in...for reals.

Vudochki said...

You are amazing, Rachel! Congrats! What a great accomplishment!

Jen said...

That is seriously something to be SO proud of! Your kids can really look to you for an example. I will definitley have to compensate somehow since my shins are so shot! Maybe one day they will miraculously be better and I can run with all of you awesome ladies! For now I will just walk and walk (or waddle right now)hee hee!

Sally DeFord said...

I am so impressed! I hope I can be in good enough shape to do that someday. I'm working on it. I'll start with some shorter races, though. What a great accomplishment. We miss you guys.

Sally

xcdenke said...

You're AMAZING lady! I wish I could've been there. Count me in next time you run another 5-10K or 1/2 marathon. Sounds fun! You look great too!

Anneli said...

I think you were more sore because you ran 13--10 1/2 minute miles! I did not, therefore I healed quickly, you crazy woman.......

Vudochki said...

WHAT!?! Donnie Walhberg works out at the same gym as you? Him and Joey were my favorites. Isn't it fun to have flashbacks to our childhood times? Sometimes it's a bit scary, though. Hey did you know Amanda is getting married?

Vudochki said...

Thank you for showing your support to NTOKB! HA! No, there's no way I'd be able to go to Amanda's reception. We're going to be going back to California April 25, so another plane ticket isn't in the budget. I must say I'm a little jealous that you have pumpkin patch. We don't here. That's interesting about the sizing for you. I haven't seemed to have much difficulty with it other than a skirt that I bought that's similar to Maddie's. I did buy a coat and matching hat there that I love so much that I think I'll try and get Mckenzie to fit in it next winter.

Julie and Carlos said...

Wow! You impress me! I could never run that long! Congrats! Maybe one day you can come up to SC and take my pilates class and I can hope to not be as intimidated!
Julle

Rozannah said...

Rachel, who would have guessed that the training we started years ago would bring you this far. You look great and your time is something to be very proud of.
LYLAS HA HA

Sara S. said...

Rach. You look awesome!