Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spencer and Rachel in Cabo

Last year around this time, Spencer and I did a time share presentation and our free gift was 3 days/2 nights in Hawaii. Well, we know what those are really like. It ends up being a day and half total time in Hawaii and a full day of traveling. If we wanted a longer trip we could upgrade for a fee and then we would have greater flexibility with our travel dates. Since Spencer's parents had offered to watch the kids during Sandi's Spring break, we worked it out so we could go to Cabo San Lucas during that week. Before we left, we vowed that we would not sit through any timeshare presentations since they always take longer than the 90 mintues they say it will take and we really only had three days to hang out and do what we wanted to do. Well, I couldn't hold out. It's nearly impossible to get out of the airport without agreeing to do one. We almost made it out, but then one of the guys started to offer some really great stuff. Like $200, plus a free massage, plus transportation to/from the airport, plus 4 days/3 nights at the resort he was marketing. Well, I caved. And we ended up sitting through that resort's presentation as well as the one at the resort we were staying at. The good news is we didn't buy what they were selling. And got them over with the first day. This picture is while we were waiting for our lunch after finishing the second TS presentation of the day. Later on that day, we walked around Cabo and stopped to check out the mall right near the marina. They had a great view overlooking the marina.

On Wednesday, we went for a run and I wanted to die because it was pretty hot already and I had not had any water to drink yet that day. Thankfully I survived. We took a quick dip in the pool (real quick 'cause it was cold!) and laid out for a little while before heading into town to get our massages. That was so nice! I am very reluctant to get massages and here's why: Since I am trained as a massage therapist and got them daily while I was in school, I know what a really good massage is like. It irritates me to no end to pay for a massage (and they cost a pretty penny) and not get a good one. Well, this one was free, but if I had paid for it I would not have been disappointed! Spencer wasn't as happy with his, but still glad to have gotten one I think. We just laid out by the pool after our massages and when the sun went down we went back to our resort, ate dinner and went to bed. On Thursday, we rented a double kayak for the day. Boy, was that ambitious! We thought an hour might not be long enough and we were probably right. But we did not need to be kayaking all day. The picture above is at Lovers Beach which is just across the bay from all the resorts. It's right between the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez. We kayaked out there and after a bit of a rough landing we had lunch and laid out and read for awhile. Even though we didn't keep our kayak until the end of the day, we were glad we didn't have to rush back to turn it in after an hour.
After we turned in our kayak, we headed back to our resort and kicked it by the pool for awhile. For dinner we went back to town to La Palapa. That place was so good! If you are ever in Cabo and have the chance to eat there, you must go! Very tasty and good prices too.

We had such a nice relaxing time, but we missed our cute kids, so we were glad to get home to them.

9 comments:

draperm said...

Looks like you had a blast! What a beautiful place to visit. That is exactly what I want and need today; to lay on the beach and suntan. Although my ghostly appearance might spook the other travelers. Glad you had fun. I am seriously jealous you know.

Vudochki said...

How awesome! I've heard Cabo is such a fun place!

brookeisacrazylady said...

those pictures look awesome. way to go, thats looks so fun.

Laura said...

so jealous of the trip without the kiddos. looks like you guys had fun.

agirlnamedgay said...

looks absolutely luxurious!! i'm glad you had such a good time! we need to find a time to get together!

Christy said...

Sounds like so much fun. I'm so jealous. 7 months pregnant doesn't really afford me to go anywhere. :) I'll live vicariously through you, k? Thanks for the details! I thoroughly enjoyed your post! Reminded me of the Dominican Republic when we went. So beautiful and what a great break you guys got!

The Sorensens said...

You lucky duck! Glad you guys could take a break together.

Anneli said...

The trip looks like it was fun, I'm jealous! I feel like laying by the pool with no kids...

Jen said...

You guys give me hope that you can still get away and have fun after kids enter the picture! So many people are saying to me "have some fun now cuz when kids come, it's all over for 18 years!" eeekkk!!