Friday, July 9, 2010

Pictures, finally!!

I have no excuses to put it off any longer. I'm getting a bit more settled each day and now that we have our internet connection, it is high time to post pictures of our new home. Plus, I'm supposed to have this baby on Tuesday so I better do it now before it's old news, right? We are so happy to be in here! The pictures hardly do it justice. You'll just have to come visit us and see it for yourself. Until then, let's take a little photo tour:

Dining room

View from entryway
Kitchen view 1
Kitchen view 2 (master bedroom through the door in the corner)
Breakfast nook
Family room (half bath and laundry room are off to the left)


I'll sneak this one in here. I'm SO glad I won't be looking like this for too much longer!
Guest bedroom
Game room
I didn't get pictures of the kids' rooms and our room that are worth sharing. An empty bedroom is an empty bedroom, right? I'll post pics when those rooms come together with decorations, etc. The kids's rooms at least.
At this point I am patting myself on the back for not still being completely surrounded by boxes, but we have a long way to go. Hopefully it won't take too much longer to be all the way settled, but I'm not expecting to be done before our baby girl arrives. Moving is a huge project and I am thankful I have had the energy to do all that I have done. My big task now is to transform the guestroom from the dumping ground for boxes it currently is to something that my mom will be able to sleep in when she comes next week. As long as I don't go into labor tonight, I think Spencer and I can get that done.
Now that we are Texans, we are missing all of our friends and loved ones from the places we have lived and hope you are all doing well!

19 comments:

Olivia said...

OMG your belly is HUGE! Otherwise you look good, though. Certainly not like a SIZE 12!

Your house is darling...can't wait to come see it for real.

Claire Thompson said...

Wohoo! the house looks beautiful, time seems to have flown by since you guys left for AZ and now your settling into your new life in Texas. How is the ward out there?

harwoodhomer said...

That must be some job Spencer landed. I foresee student-grade housing in my life for years to come. Beautiful place.

Vudochki said...

I know we're taught not to be jealous of others, but I am COMPLETELY! I absolutely LOVE your house! From the outside look to your BEAUTIFUL hardwood floors (I love that color) to that awesome kitchen and that carpet that looks soooooo clean! I love it and I'm so glad that it's yours and you are able to get in it just in time for your baby to arrive! Good luck with the labor and all that! You're in my thoughts and prayers! Love you!!!

The Sorensens said...

Rachel, you and Spencer have arrived. All your dreams come true. What a beautiful place! I hope you guys are loving it and Spencer is happy at work. Can't wait to see that baby girl!

Kristy and Dave said...

Rachel! Your house is absolutely stunning. I am so happy for you - what a great way to celebrate Spencer's new job and MBA. You totally deserve it. I can't wait to see pictures of the kids rooms once they are done too.

And you are adorable pregnant! I'm sure you can't wait for your little girl to get here though. I can't wait to see pictures so make sure you or Spencer post as soon as you can after she arrives.

We love and miss you guys!

Sowells said...

HOw great is it that your house is super clean for your new baby! It looks amazing! And you look so cute! Can't wait to see pictures of the new babe. Congratulations. Hopefully someday we can use your guest room!

Melissa said...

WOW!!!Rachel- your house is beautiful!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Melanie said...

What the? That's quite a step from the Sherman Oaks apartments we were all living in! I am so happy for you, and also maybe just a bit jealous.
I can't wait for the next post with news of a beautiful new baby!

maryirene said...

congrats! how exciting! it looks so beautiful. good luck with the new baby too!!

Maggie said...

Your house is beautiful sis! It looks like you are ready to have your little girl arrive & get settled into your life. Love & miss you!
P.S. That picture made me a little more nervous about our wager!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. A beautiful home for a beautiful family. Good luck with the new baby!
love, Rachelle

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

House is AMAZING... so happy for you guys. And you're a cute preggo... and ALMOST DONE! Hang in there... Mom'll help you get more done around the hosue (she's a pro at that, right?) and in a couple months everything/everyone will be more settled. Love you!

Ang

Julie and Carlos said...

Agh! You make me want to move to Texas! A new huge luxury home is like a million here!! But, I'm happy for you and your family. What better time to move into a big nice house than when you have 3 precious children to fill it! I hope we can visit someday, and you always have friends here in Cali to stay with when you want to do Disneyland . All our love, Julie and Carlos

char said...

WOW!!! The house is BEAUTIFUL!!! And so is your belly!!! I can't wait to see photos of that new baby girl. Congratulations on so many great things happening!!!

dani said...

Um can I please comem move in with you! Your hous eis beautiful! I love the kitchen! So jealous. And I'm sure you are so ready to get that baby girl out of you! Can't wait to see pics of her so soon! Hope you guys are doing well! We miss everyone!

Marian and Sadie said...

Finally, you guys have moved in. You house looks lovely. I hope you can get tons done while Vickie is visiting.....happy decorating!

Holy belly! Is this your before picture? I heard that you and Maggie have a little wager going on. Are you going to post pictures as you drop the pounds?

Good luck with all that jazz! I'm sure you will be back to your normal self in no time.

Brain Balance Mom said...

So Pretty! So glad you got settled before the baby came! I don't even know what you guys are doing in Texas! I am way behind... We need to catch up sometime. Miss you guys.

xcdenke said...

Yay!! We are so excited for you guys. It looks amazing. You so deserve this. Happy Moving!