Friday, November 19, 2010

Console Table

I saw this table outside a resale shop on Monday and it caught my eye because we have really been wanting something like this for our entryway. I jumped out and quickly inspected it but since my car was full of a few other pieces of furniture I had found on craigslist and I was in a rush to meet a friend, I decided to pass on it. I spent a good bit of time on Tuesday thinking about it and its potential so after school I loaded up the kids and went back to see if it was still there. Obviously, and lucky for me, it was. Upon further inspection, I have come to the conclusion that this table is pretty much awesome and was precisely what we were wanting. And it was a steal since I found it second hand.

After some TLC, here's how it turned out:

I'm not very patient when it comes to these projects I take on, so the paint is not perfect. I gave it a distressed finish so it will do for a while, but I may revisit it at a later date to see if I can get the paint done a little better. But don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it and I'm counting my lucky stars that I found this diamond in the rough.

12 comments:

Nunes Family said...

Super Cute!! You did a great job!!!

Vickie said...

I'm impressed you try to take on refinishing projects with a baby so young. I'be been meaning to refinish our kitchen chairs I picked up for $5 at a garage sale 5 years ago. It's never happened. Kudos to you for being so ambitious. It looks fabulous!

Olivia said...

I love how it turned out! And so festive with your pumpkins...can't wait to hear the play-by-play the next time we talk.

Maggie said...

Wow! That looks beautiful! I'm feeling kind of ambitious & may have TWO projects to share here soon.
And I can't BELIEVE I found out you posted a blog update on my own without the little e-mail you usually send out...slacker. :D
Love you sis!

Sowells said...

Ohhh - I love before and after pictures! Great job!

PS You know who said...

So creative as always, Rachel. I love the hardware you picked out. How about coming to stay here for a while - I need a decorating coach and some time to hug those kids, too.

dani said...

Very cute!! I love re doing furniture, especially when they were so cheap to begin with. It looks awesome.

Vudochki said...

first of all, i love reading your blog. you write how you talk. don't worry, that's a good thing. it just brings back roommate memories.
secondly, way to go on the great find and the refinishing! it looks awesome!

Mark & Bek said...

When I saw the first photo I thought, "hmm, that's not really Rachel's style" then I saw the second and thought, "wow! much better." Pretty awesome Rachel

Julie and Carlos said...

Oh my gosh that thing has the exact same haunted house handles that were on my boys dresser I painted! Isn't it amazing what paint and new pulls will do? It looks great!

Sharda said...

Nice table, the pumpkins look cute;)

Julia said...

I LOVE it! It turned out so great! Can't wait to see how the others turn out!