Monday, August 13, 2007

Ian's 10 month birthday

I know it isn't really necessary to mention a 10 month birthday, but I just have to so I can tell you all that Ian is officially walking now! Yeah!! He has been taking a couple steps here and there, but tonight he decided to really walk. He was in the kitchen with me while I was cleaning up dinner and I think he was a little upset that I closed the dishwasher, but instead of getting down and crawling to me crying, he took 6 steps! We quickly whipped out the video camera to get it all on tape and he walked about 6 more steps. That seems to be his limit so far. He took a few little walks like that tonight, but we know he'll be walking more and more each day! Madeleine also walked at 10 months and we weren't sure that Ian would be on the same track. He has quite a bit more weight to balance than she did at the same age. He really surprised us and we are so pleased!

4 comments:

Olivia said...

Aww...I love that little chunkybutt. Now he can walk his little self up to Montana to see his Aunt Olivia...

Claire Thompson said...

wow! thats fast, you know he'll be into eveything now!!

Laura said...

wow rachel...your kids are such the over achievers! I am surprised Ian can support all his weight :)

PS You know who said...

I promise to look at your blog every Sunday and expect something - or just admire my beautiful grandkids and their adorable parents. Madeleine's hair looks très chic. I loved seeing her first day at school picture. Ian looks so huggable. I don't think I can wait until Christmas. Thanks for showing your wedding pics - I thought about mentioning it last Sunday but I don't think I did when we were on the phone with Spencer. What a wonderful tribute to each other - to post your pictures & proclaim your love & happiness together these 7 years. Congratulations!

Mme R