Thursday, August 9, 2007

a recent obsession


For book club, we were convinced we absolutely had to read Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer. I am not at all disappointed, but it has completely become an obsession! This was one of those books that I did not want to end. And of course, by so being, was one I finished far too quickly. Good news, there is a sequel. New Moon. Just as engaging and I finished that one just in time for the third book in the series to come out. Well, I just finished Eclipse today. Thank you, Ian, for taking such a long nap. And thank you, Madeleine, for watching so many of your favorite shows.
I am a little embarrased to admit how much I loved these books. I just cannot get these characters out of my head! I checked out Twilight from the library and I am really wishing I had bought it so I could start the whole thing over! I really don't want to wait until next year when the fourth installment comes out to experience more of Bella and Edward.

If you are interested in a teenage love story, check out this series. I know it must make some interesting statements about me when I admit how much I loved it and then say it's a teenage love story. Again, emabarassing! I can't deny it. And let's be honest, it's the author's fault. If she weren't so capable, I wouldn't have been affected like I was. Now that I have finished I can get to reading books on foreclosure that Spencer suggested I read. I imagine that will bring me back to reality.

4 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

Rachel! I totally want to read it now! I love a good book, especially when I'm not learning anything, and its a good page turner. Brooke

Rachel said...

Brooke,
You will have to get back to me and tell me how you like it. I hope I haven't talked it up too much! And I hope I'm not the only loser to get so attached!

agirlnamedgay said...

well i don't have to tell you how much i agree with you b/c you already know!! there is something about this storyline that has SO many people hooked... crazy!!!

Vudochki said...

Rachel~Ever since I read this on your blog, I've seen advertisements all over for it. It's like I can't get away from the book! Hmm, maybe I should read it. ~Jessica