Sunday, August 5, 2007

My BEST birthday ever!

Last Tuesday was my birthday and it was so great! I have really been wanting some new clothes but going shopping with Madeleine and Ian is hardly possible. I can take them to Target and Costco and the grocery store. That's about it. So, for my birthday, Spencer took half the day off so he could keep the kids while I went shopping by myself. It was heavenly! I couldn't have asked for a better day! Plus, I found some great deals and met up with a couple friends for lunch. So fun!

Then for dinner, Spencer took me to Firefly in Studio City (definitely worth checking out) and to see 1408. Drew (Spencer's brother) came over to watch the kids. A great day all around.


While we were out, Madeleine tried her hand at photography. Not too bad, eh?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! Shopping by yourself is the BEST!! I never fully appreciated it before I had a baby.

Melanie said...

I have to agree with Laura, on the birthday wishes and the shopping!

Olivia said...

I thought you told me you had lunch by yourself so you could read. Are you referring to characters in books as "friends?" Bad form, Rach...

Rachel said...

Ha ha, Olivia! I do think of the characters in my book as "friends," but some of my real-life friends met up with me after I talked to you.