Friday, May 14, 2010

Big Project

I have been thinking a lot about how to decorate our girls' room and what type of bedding would be cutest. I was leaning toward doing a black and white damask theme, which I do still really like, but I wasn't 100% sure. Then my sister Olivia (check out her blog here) offered her opinion and it swayed me. I was feverishly looking for other ideas yesterday when I came upon this bedding set. What do you think?

I think it is so DARLING!! The problem is that is costs $600. Sorry, I'm not the kind of mom who can justify spending that much money on crib bedding. Or any other bedding set for that matter. I decided that it doesn't look like it would be too difficult to recreate and I could make a matching quilt for Madeleine's bed too. That would be even better. I then spent even more time scouring different websites in search of a cute printed fabric that would be just right for this project. I found lots of good options, but ultimately ended up at Joann's and found this:
The color's a bit softer than my inspiration bedding, but I think it's going to be perfect!! I am so excited!! I didn't sleep very well last night due to my mind racing over thoughts of this bedding coming together. And unfortunately this weekend is poised to be way too full of activities for me to be able to get started just yet, but soon enough I will get to work and see this thing take shape. It's lucky I decided to do this while I still live with my mom. Her help is going to be invaluable. Wish me luck!!

8 comments:

Rachel D. said...

I like how the fabric is used on the wall with the ribbons. Very cute!

Olivia said...

I am so happy you decided to go this route. To be honest, I like it even more in the more muted tones because it gives you more options. Please snip off a sliver of each fabric and send to me so I can make the little mamas something cute.
And thanks for the shout out!

Holly said...

awesome, I love it. I'm sure it will turn out so well!

Mark & Bek said...

This looks very cute, and also like something I could never do. I wish I could. So, I read your comment about Madeline's arm, and think your scenario sounds much worse. I'm excited for your baby and for you to not have to be pregnant anymore. I can't believe how much better it feels to not be pregnant. You still look beautiful though.

richards4fun said...

Great pick Rach! that will be so fun. I still need to decorate my girls rooms since we've moved to the new house. Keep us updated on the outcome!

xcdenke said...

Wow Rachel, you could totally pull his off. Can't wait until you're done.

The Sorensens said...

It's going to be adorable! Can't wait to see the finished project! When do you guys head to TX?

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

LOVE the fabrics... I wanna sew! I need to hurry and get my house organized so I can do some sewing. If I can tear myself away from the beach. (hee hee hee)

Ang