Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New Camera

Neither of these pictures are anything amazing, but I decided to post them anyway since they are from our new camera. Which, also, actually is not super special, but the viewfinder works and it takes pictures, so now our blog will be able to have current pictures on it again (as long as we actually take them). Hallelujah!! I hope that sometime in the not-too-distant future we will be able to get a really nice camera (like a digital SLR) but for now we needed something functional and inexpensive. So for a combined Mother's Day and graduation gift to each other we got our new camera. Ian is eager to get his hands on it, but we have told him that is strictly forbidden. It's thanks to our kids that we needed a new one in the first place.

I look at this and think "yuck," but whatever. This was me last night curled up with Spencer's laptop catching up on my TV shows online. I have DVR so why should I have to watch shows online? Well, my DVR had a problem a few weeks ago where it wouldn't record anything on ABC. Really? Just ABC? Only 90% of the shows we watch are on that channel! So annoying. I finally decided to buckle down and catch up. You see, my DVR missed about a week and a half of shows but then we fixed it so there were all these subsequent episodes piling up and tempting me to watch out of order. I couldn't do that. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome that a person can see all the shows they want online. But I do not pay for DVR service so I can watch TV on my computer. If you have Tivo or DVR you know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't worry. I'm caught up now and all is right with the world.

Now, so you know what you have to look forward to thanks to our new camera: Spencer's graduation, Madeleine's ballet recital, our new house, our new baby. And I'm sure we'll find other stuff worth taking a picture of. All in good time.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

I want a new camera! What camera did you get?

agirlnamedgay said...

wow, your life is crazy right now!! excited for all the new changes for you- the baby, the move, a new house!!! so exciting! good luck!

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

Yeah for online tv... we're not getting cable here and I know I'll miss the DVR, but we're cutting whatever costs we can and with 90% of what we watch being on-line, too, we figured we'll just hook the computer up to our big screen tv and watch that way. I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW... you're an adorable preggo, so no negative self-talk!

Love you!

Ang